Whether in Kenya, Uganda or Ghana registering an online fundraiser on M-Changa is simple. Before I continue further, what is an online fundraiser? An online fundraiser is a donation page that allows you to raise money virtually/ through the internet by use of mobile or electronic money options. Online fundraisers allow donors to donate easily, securely and quickly from wherever they are. It also allows organizations and individuals to solicit and receive donations from the comfort of their devices.
Now that we know this, let’s answer the question of how can I register and run an online fundraiser?
Step 1: Sign Up
– Visit https://secure.changa.co.ke/signup to fill online registration form;
– Make a test mobile payment towards your fundraiser: minimum of KES 10, UGX 1000 or GHS 5;
– Click activation sent to email to set your fundraiser portal password;
– Manage your fundraiser.
Step 2: Fundraiser management & sharing
– Customize your Sharepage with a story, pictures, videos , target amount and fundraiser duration;
– Upload supporting documents and add fundraiser treasurers;
– Share your Sharepage using your unique link or the specific mobile money donation options.
Step 3: Collect donations
– Mobile donations: Receive donations directly via MTN and Airtel in Uganda, MTN, Tigo, Vodafone & Airtel in Ghana and M-Pesa, Airtel Money, T-Kash & Equitel in Kenya.
– Online donations: Accept payments Online via Visa, MasterCard & PayPal from all over the world.
-All contributions are stored securely and transparently by M-Changa and are available for instant withdrawal upon verification.
Are you now ready to leverage the power of community through fundraising? Register your fundraiser by clicking on this link.
M-Changa is an African online and mobile fundraising platform that was launched to make fundraising more convenient, more efficient and more secure than the traditional Harambee. To date, over 44,668 fundraisers have raised millions of dollars from over 1M+ contributors.
Leave a comment